Harvey is considered the industry leader when it comes to Safety. We have worked hard over the past decade to create a company culture that promotes and supports safe jobsite practices at all locations. Our best practices include the following:
- Behavior Based Training System
- OSHA Platinum Partnership
- 30 Hour OSHA Training for Superintendents and Project Managers
- Special training classes in fall protection, ladders & scaffolding, trenching, electrocution (cords & GFI), cranes & hoisting, traffic management, MSDS, hazcom, etc.
- Near miss reporting and data analysis
- Peer to peer work place evaluations
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Incentives and Penalties (field and management)
- Management and Owner involvement
- Subcontractor screening and training programs
- Daily Jobsite Analysis (JSA's)
- Subcontractor accountability for accidents
- Thorough accident management and follow-up for Harvey and Subcontractors
The result of this focus has been overwhelming. We have achieved industry recognition and client awards that indicate Best in Class results.
Current EMR 0.39 (2016)
Current TRIR 0.086 (2016)
These benchmarks were achieved with nearly two million man-hours in each of the last three years.
"Chevron considers Harvey's results to be 'World Class'."
(over three years with 105-floor build-out)
GM, North American Facilities Management
Chevron Business and Real Estate Services